Re: FS rights error with Samba share

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2012 09:30:52 +0100, keith wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 23 May 2012 22:14:08 +0500
>> Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Finally Solved..........
>>>
>>> !!!  it is sooo relaxing ........
>>>
>>>  i have been working on this for 2 days. even i knew it too but mind
>>> was not going that way. but now i will remember it till death :) as i
>>> have over-googled this matter.
>>>
>>> Thanks a million :),
>>>

>> Don't forget to write it down so that you can find it in 5(?) years
>> time.   :)
>
> Nah... that never works.
>
> By that time the samba team will have completely rewrote their smb stack
> which will be radically different from the current implementation so the
> tip you have saved as a treasure will be of no effect and you will be
> forced to ask all over again, an again, and again... that's known as "the
> curse of the sysadmin secure-saved-tip loop".
>
> (just joking ;-P)
>
> Greetings,

this is more then a treasure to me and specially when you even aware
of the problem but you are thinking in a different direction  then
tips like this are life saving   :P

 being system admin its like  " life = 24/7 tension"  you may receive
a call from your bosses at night that VPN down or any support call,
specially when your customers lives in different time zones and at the
top of them all you are the only resource who can resolve the issue.
so i am not tense at all even if it is going to happen what you have
said, then i will be saving another precious tip from some one. may
be, it could  b your tip :P