Re: Install Squeeze with firmware

On Wed, 23 May 2012 19:21:29 +0200, Antispammbox-debian wrote:

(please, keep the replies at the bottom)

>>> but the installation starting, but after the first step, do not
>>> avances, remains on stand-by.
>>
>> Where it stops, exactly? In what stage?
>>
>>> Know how to solve this problem?
>>
>> (...)
>>
>>> May 21 12:37:14 check-missing-firmware: missing firmware files
>>> (tigon/tg3_tso5.bin) for tg3
>>> May 21 12:37:15 check-missing-firmware: installing firmware package
>>> /cdrom/firmware/firmware-linux-nonfree_0.28+squeeze1_all.deb
>>
>> It seems the firmware for the NIC is loaded correctly so the problem
>> could come from a different place. Have you checked...?
>>
>> - The ISOs checksum integrity
>> - For a bad CD media

> With the virtual machine function all. But over and with this laptop,
> not!

The virtual machine loads a different set of network drivers (intel), so
no firmware is needed. Anyway, from the VM how are you loading the ISO,
from a CD or using the plain ISO file? It can be that the CD media itself
is damaged or wrong.

> Load firmware, after unload firmware, stay in waiting!

I would try to install from another media source (USB) if possible or try
with the official Debian install CD and load the firmware apart, from an
external source, as described here:

http://wiki.debian.org/Firmware#Firmware_during_the_installation

Greetings,

--