Re: mp280

Hi,

> just a small question: has somebody an experience with the 'canon pixma mp
> 280 printer' under debian; (cups) ? a very cheap and compact printer so i am
> told.

I have experience with a Canon LBP7200C.  The printer works well under
debian but it was difficult to set up.  The driver from Canon comes
with no support and I had to hunt around on the web for installation
scripts and a new driver.  It does not recognise postscript but
instead uses CAPT.  Once the setup woes were over, I've been quite
happy with the results, but you should check the availability of a
driver before you buy.

Cheers,
Rob Hurle
--