Re: Mythtv problem with versions

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:42:46AM -0400, Marty wrote:
> On 04/29/12 10:41, Rob Owens wrote:
> >On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 07:24:07PM +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
> >> I have a server running Squeeze.  It has mythtv-backend to record
> >> all my TV programs.
> >>
> >> On my desktop I run Sid.  After an update over the weekend, my
> >> Mythtv Frontend will no longer connect to my backend, complaining
> >> that
> >>
> >> "This version of MythTV requires an updated database. (schema is 35
> >> versions behind)
> >>
> >> Please run mythtv-setup or mythbackend to update your database".
> >>
> >> I suspect that I need to somehow update the backend.  But with that
> >> being Squeeze, that could be rather difficult.
> >>
> >> Anyone got any suggestions of how to deal wth this.
> >>
> >> [Mythweb will stream the TV. and that almost works, but I do tend to
> >> want to save programs mid way through or want to rapidly skip
> >> forward and backward.  The media play that is launched by the
> >> browser doesn't seem to all any of this.]
> >>
> >I confirmed with the debian-multimedia maintainer that the testing
> >version of MythTV would always be compatible with the stable version.  I
> >am running a stable backend, and a testing frontend.
>
> My testing mythtv-frontend is at version 0.25. I get the same error
> message as the original poster. Reportedly, the 0.24/0.25
> combination does not work:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-April/332832.html
>
> If you got this combination to work then I would like to know how
> you did it.

I just checked my systems and you are correct.  Stable is on 0.24 and
testing is on 0.25 (except that I haven't upgraded my testing system
past 0.24).

Here is the thread where I asked about maintaining compatibility.  I
guess Christian Marillat either made a mistake or changed his mind.

http://www.deb-multimedia.org/lurker/message/20111202.230526.5f4a397c.en.html

-Rob