Re: wheezy upgrade gets 671812: xserver-xorg-core: segfault at exit

Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2012 12:16:48 -0500, hvw59601 wrote:

Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2012 08:53:01 -0500, hvw59601 wrote:

Dist-upgrading Wheezy is affected by
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=671812, when you exit
from X it segfaults and (in my case?) hangs the system. I ssh'd into
the desktop and found the backtrace in the log. The bug is closed so
it does not appear in listbugs.
Mmm... could it be because the bug is closed and marked as solved for
xorg-server 2:1.12.1.902-1 (sid) and wheezy still has 2:1.12.1-2? :-?

It would appear so. But since IMO everyone who upgrades wheezy and has
xorg will hit this, listbugs should somehow cover this.

I also use wheezy but had not experienced the bug (or at least I see nothing strange from the xserver) :-?

Strange. I get exactly what the bug says: X segfaults on exit. It hangs the system on the desktop but I can ssh in from the laptop and that shows the segfault in the log.

In regards with "apt-listbugs", I can't comment because I don't use it, but there should be an option to toggle a search for all the bugs, despite the open|closed|fixed|archived|not a bug... status. That's how the BTS web interface query works.

Hugo