Re: Wheezy removed ifupdown

Ahoj,

Dňa Sun, 20 May 2012 18:18:09 +0200 Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> napísal:

> The lesson to be learned from this is to always watch out for important
> packages that are to be removed when dist-upgrading, and to bail out if
> necessary.

not all must know, which package is necessary and which is not. I do not
forgot my start with debian yet (6-7 years ago). I am not sure, but 2-3
years i knew only that network configuring is in /etc/network/interfaces
and that it is done by ifconfig, without knowing nothing about ifup or
ifdown...

And take attention to packages removed by upgrade? It happens sometime for
me too. If it is possible, i download wanted packages from debian's
packages website and install them by dpkg...

regards

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk