Re: Wheezy: "aptitude update" fails

On Sat, 19 May 2012 08:33:15 -0700, T Elcor wrote:

> --- On Sat, 5/19/12, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "security" still fails because you did not commented out...
>
> In theory, security may fail because there are no security updates for
> wheezy yet, in practice that line was working fine for months without
> any problems until several days ago.

Not at all, I also use wheezy and the security repo is working as it
should. It is something failing at your side :-)

>> Clean your local apt cache:
(...)
>> Then, put these two lines *as is* in your "sources.list":
(...)
>> Finally, refresh your repo cache (apt-get update) and resend the
>> output.
>

> # apt-get clean
> # apt-get update
(...)
> W: Failed to fetch gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/ftp.de.debian.org_debian_dists_wheezy_non-free_binary-amd64_Packages
>  Hash Sum mismatch
>
> E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
> ones used instead.

I'm starting to think you are facing a pure connectivity problem.

Can you use a different ISP/gateway?

> # cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free

Any specific reason for not doing what I tell? ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón