Re: Can anyone please reproduce this crash in X on Sid?

On Wed, 16 May 2012 08:46:38 +0100, Anthony wrote in message
<[🔎] 20120516074638.GA2666@acampbell.org.uk>:

> I am running Sid on two computers, one with Nouveau, the other with
> Radeon.
>
> In both, if I kill the process corresponding to X *from within X*,
> either the machine freezes completely (Radeon)

..how?  Ssh too freezes?  It no longer responds even to ping etc?

..are these 2 boxes on wicd etc style networking that dies
with X and the desktop?

> or shuts down completely (Nouveau),

..it powers off???

> If I kill it from a tty terminal there is no problem.

..and what happens if you try to kill X over ssh from the other box?

> Is this something peculiar in my setup or can other people running Sid
> reproduce it? It happens with several different window managers (i3,
> dwm, icewm); I don't know about desktop managers.
>
> It does not happen in Squeeze.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: