Re: about java and wheezy

On Sun, 13 May 2012 19:28:57 +0200, Francesco Pietra wrote:

> Installation of openjdk-6-jdk in wheezy i386 would lead to deletion of
> much gnome, including openoffice,

How can be that? :-?

I just have tested in wheezy and marking openjdk-*-jdk (either 6 or 7) to
be installed only wants to fetch a bunch of additional packages but does
not want to make further changes.

> with reinstallation of gnome and abiword, but not of openoffice
>/libreoffice, if I understand. Otherwise, java is often useful.
>
> Any suggestion about?

Yes, please, put here the output you get from "apt-get" or "aptitude"
when you are going to install the said package and also your "/etc/apt/
sources.list".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón