Re: Change video Card

On Sun, 13 May 2012 10:48:22 +0200
Alex Padoly <alex.padoly@laposte.net> wrote:

Hello Alex,

> 1: ?

Make sure you have the right driver installed for the new card.  The
default is is for Xorg to install all drivers, IIRC.  So, if you haven't
removed any, you /should/ be okay.  With the proviso that, if your new
card uses a non-free driver, you'll have to install that using whatever
method you prefer; apt, aptitude, Synaptic....

Also, if it exists, rename /etc/X11/xorg.conf, as the required settings
are usually detected correctly.

> 2: turn off my computer
> 3: replace a video card
> 4: tir on my computer

5: Cross fingers.   :-)

6:  If all is well, you can delete /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

--
 Regards  _
You only see me for the clothes that I wear