Re: Php update killed my wiki site.

On Sat, 12 May 2012 18:32:20 -0500, John W. Foster wrote:

> For a couple of years I have used this type of link to bring content
> into my mediawiki:
>
> {{Offsite Disclaimer}}
> {{wikipedia::Inductive reasoning}}
>
> And it has always worked well.
>
> I recently upgraded my Debian Linux Php to: PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze9
>
> Since then This link does not work, nor do any of the others that are
> formatted to this style.

It's very uncommon to see a "security" update breaking things but if you
are completely sure the format you were using for the mediakiki links was
working fine a day before the update and no other changes have been made,
you can consider in opening a bug report in Debian BTS.

> The exact error message issues by the browser is:
>
> [Template fetch failed for
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_reasoning?action=render]

Mmm... that tells little about the source of the error. How about the
apache logs? PHP parsing errors fall there.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón