Re: mounting local filesystem ..... FAILED

On Sun, 13 May 2012 13:04:12 +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

>> Wait, wait... was the error coming up after resuming or from a cold
>> boot?
>
> it is on boot,

Okay, then the resuming message could be unrelated to the problem but is
still something you should check.

>> And do you have any additional storage volume that you usually mount
>> under /dev? It seems something pointing to "/dev" but I can't guess
>> what.
>>

> no only one virtual drive 32 gb. thats all. ok next working day ill
> delete the CDrom from VM and then ill check. and let you know the update

What's a "virtual drive"? Ah, you mean the system is running on a
virtualized environment, okay.

Anyway, is the mounting error message coming always on every boot or from
time to time? If it happens sporadically, you could compare both "dmesg"
outputs and check for any difference.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón