Re: howto fix grub

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Charles Kroeger
<ckrogrr@frankensteinface.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 May 2012 17:10:02 +0200
> David Roguin <nesdavid@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I'm running wheezy on a mixed boot layout: an efi boot and a grub
>> installation on an ext4 partition.
>>
>> Everything worked well until the last grub2 upgrade which render my
>> boot unbootable. It seems that there's a bug about installing grub on
>> an ext4 partition instea of the mbr.
>> I'm now booting with a super grub cd.
>>
>> I want to know if anyone can point me on how can I repair my grub
>> install taking into account that the wheezy and sid package are broken
>> for my system.
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>>

> On that same website i.e. supergrubdisk.org you might then try the Rescatux disk to
> restore grub to functional.. I see they have a new beta 6 release.
I'll download it and give it a try then. Thanks a lot!

> I don't understand what you mean about the sid package being broken for your
> system you might elaborate more on that.

grub-update fails to make a bootable image for my sytem. It always
worked before, now all I got is when I select the linux-image-3.2
there's an error saying grub can't find the partition. I think this
explain it better:

David