Re: GRUB: "error incompatible license. Entering rescue mode..."

I don't recall a license issue, but I recently migrated my workstation
from one drive to the other, and I had to do the following to get it
to work:

grub-install --recheck (to update for the drive/partition UUIDs)
update-grub (to update grub.cfg)

And of course, update your fstab/crypttab.

--b