Re: OT: More about GPG signing

On Thu, 10 May 2012 18:37:35 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Thu, 10 May 2012 16:39:49 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello Camaleón,
>
>> Enigmail does it with no user intervention.
>
> I don't use Enigmail, but I'd place a small wager that it can be set up
> to either pull public keys automatically or manually.  What the default
> is, IDK.

As I recall it (I had to setup Enigmail not so long ago) there was an
option to do this automatically, but let me search at the manual.

Okay, here it is:

http://www.rainydayz.org/node/89

9. Preferences » 9.1. Setting the preferences
9.1.5. Keyserver

"(...) If you want, you may enter a keyserver name in the field
Automatically download keys for signature verification from the following
keyserver. Enigmail will then automatically try to download from the
specified keyserver any public key needed to verify signed messages. If
you use this option, specify only one name."

So by setting this it should be done ;-)

The only manual intervention required could be when the key cannot be
fetched from the specified server (missing key, no Internet connection,
server is down...) and you have to manually import it into your local
keyring in order to validate the user's signature.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón