Re: zfs-fuse or zfsonlinux

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your thorough response.

On 10/05/2012 14:14, Aaron Toponce wrote:
a year or so, also with zero issues. In fact, if you use Time Slider with
frequent snapshots, it becomes trivial to restore data should corruption
occur.
Is Time Slider a feature for ZFS or (Open)Solaris? It seems to be the latter.

The biggest limitation is the lack of native encryption support, which was
Fortunately encryption is not a requirement in my case, but a nice to have.

A word of caution: as tempting as deduplication might be, avoid it. Unless
you have significant RAM, and a fast RAID-0 SSD ZIL, I would advise against
it. It causes massive performance problems, and the benefit isn't worth the
cost. On the other hand, enabling compression is very much worth it. LZJB
is fast, and massive gains can be achieved with little effort. Just my
two-cents.
Thanks, I'll avoid this.

Kay