Re: grey/white/grey/white/etc bars

On 09/05/2012, John Anderson <john@janderson.org.uk> wrote:

> On 09/05/12 02:17, Sharon Kimble uttered these pearls of wisdom::
>> Does anyone know how to get rid of the grey/white/grey/white etc bars in
>> the
>> background of programmes like konqueror, rhythmbox, kmail and virtually
>> everything please?  I find them very annoying and they make the black
>> text in the
>> grey bars almost impossible to read for one of advancing years.
>>

> SystemSettings->Application Appearance->Colors->Colors Tab->Color Set:
> View ; and then make Normal Background and Alternate Background the same.

john.
Where do you get these settings from please? I'm running gnome and
cant find them there, but i may be looking in the wrong place? I've
looked in the 'System menu' and in gnome-control-center and cant find
them.

Thanks
Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.4.6