Re: Allowing people to change their own IMAP password

Shaun:

> How does one allow Windows users to set their own passwords if the IMAP
> server they're using is Debian?

That depends on how you authenticate IMAP users. I use Dovecot's virtual
hosting with Postgresql plus Roundcube as web frontend. AFAIK, Roundcube
has a plugin that allows users to change their password in the database.
You only need to supply the plugin with the necessary SQL statements for
updating the passwords.

Your mail sounds like your mail users are system users on the system
running your IMAP server. Search for "web frontend change linux
password" or something like that to find solutions. Otherwise I suggest
moving to virtual hosting using LDAP or SQL. You may even already have a
suitable LDAP system in your network that can be used to authenticate
IMAP users.

J.
--
People talking a foreign language are romantic and mysterious.
[Agree]   [Disagree]