Re: Locally compiled Python 3.3.0a3 cannot find Debian BeautifulSoup4

On Mon, 07 May 2012 18:11:09 -0400, Edward C. Jones wrote:

> I use up-to-date Debian testing (wheezy), amd64 architecture.  I
> downloaded, compiled and installed Python 3.3.0 alpha 3 (from
> python.org) using "altinstall".  Debian wheezy comes with python3.2 (and
> 2.6 and 2.7).  I installed the Debian package python3-bs4
> (BeautifulSoup4 for Python3).
>
> Python3.3a3 cannot find module bs4. Python3.2 can find the module.  Here
> is a session with Python 3.3:

(...)

> What is the problem?  How to fix it?

Thinking out loud... Maybe is that the module you get from Debian
repositories is placed in another path that your upstream Python version
cannot locate or that simply you can't mix between different versions :-?

> Will Python 3.3 likely make it into wheezy?

http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python3.3.html
http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/python3-defaults.html

Mmm... python-3.3 is available (since a few days ago) for the
experimental branch (whis is the expected because 3.3.x is still a
development version), so it has first to hit sid and then, testing.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón