Re: debian 6.0.4 grub installation failed.

I had a similar problem recently with a SATA 3, 2 TB harddrive.
Squeeze installed properly, grub installed properly.
But when updating to wheezy (with a new grub version), grub
didn't wanted to install on the MBR.
Try to make a free partition at the start of the HD.