Re: Hebrew

On 07/05/12 10:35 AM, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:
At 09:58 AM 5/7/2012, Gary Dale wrote:
On 07/05/12 09:43 AM, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:
At 11:12 PM 5/6/2012, Mat Enders wrote:
On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Ethan Rosenberg <ethros@earthlink.net> wrote:
> At 08:15 PM 5/6/2012, Gary Dale wrote:
>>
>> On 06/05/12 06:36 PM, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear List -.
>>>
>>> How do I get Hebrew type both on the screen and on the keyboard?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Ethan
>>>

>> Set both the locale and keyboard type.
>>

> Gary -
>
> Thanks.
>
> How?
>
> Ethan

To set the locales use this web page found with these search terms in
Google how do i change the locale debian
http://wiki.debian.org/Locale

To set the keyboard map use this web page found with these search
terms in Google how do i change the keyboard map debian
http://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard

Maybe next time a little self help would do you well.

--
Mathew E. Enders

=========
Mathew -

Thank you.

I had found both these references. The problem is that I did not state my question properly. Here is the corrected question:

"How do I install a Hebrew keyboard and Israeli locale and be able to switch back and forth between English and Hebrew".

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Ethan

You can write a short script to automate the switch.
============
Mathew -

Thank you.

I am very much a newbie. Would you please help with the script.

Thanks again.

Ethan

#!/bin/sh
first command as you would type it in (e.g. locale il_he)
second command as you would type it in

You can also use parameters such as:
#!/bin/sh
if "$1" == "e"; then
else
fi

Make sure to chmod the script so that it is executable.