Re: cron job not executing

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 02:07:08AM +0300, Adrian Fita wrote:
> On 06/05/12 01:26, Tony Baldwin wrote:
> > I've got a little cron job,
> > just trying to fire off a script (see http://tonyb.us/mattbot )
> > and it's not firing.
>
> [...]
>
> > Probably something really obvious I'm overlooking, but the more I look,
> > the less I see why there's a problem.
> >
> > any and all assistance appreciated in advance
>
> Have you tried looking at the cron log to check and see if the script is
> firing? You might have to enable the cron log if there is no log from
> cron (check here: [1]).

I couldn't find a "cron log" per se, but figured out stuff from cron
is logged in syslog.

I also piped output from my script to a log, but it didn't reveal
anything until cron started firing it off.
Now it's working.

I have not determined what the initial problem was.
I think restarting cron, perhaps, is what solved the issue, however.

thanks,
tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me