Mounting USB devices (was : How Does One Re-run write_cd_rules Solved)

On Sun, 06 May 2012 09:25:39 -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:

(...)

Nice to see you finally sorted the CD-R problem.

> 	I still need to fix an entry in fstab to mount a FAT32
> usb stick on a mount point called /flash. Since there are several
> possibilities of usb devices that will be plugged in and have a FAT32
> file system, I will need to screen for that in the ruleset, not the
> device manufacturer as that would only match maybe one device at the
> most.

Why don't let the automounter (or udev rules in the event you don't have
any DE installed)) automatically puts the unknown USB devices under "/
media" or inside your own defined "/flash" mount point?

Static mount points (those defined in "/etc/fstab") can be good for
devices you know beforehand but not for those you know nothing about
(unknown UUID, unknown LABEL...) because you cannot "identify" them.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón