Re: mySQL workbench

On Sat, 05 May 2012 17:52:22 +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

> On 05/05/12 16:13, Camaleón wrote:

>>> There's a Ubuntu deb. Did you mean that?
>>
>> Yep, that one.
>>
>>> I saw it, but I'm always a bit suspicious of 'buntu things! Will it
>>> work?
>>
>> I have not tried but I can't see why not :-?
>>
> Well, I tried. Dozens of missing dependencies. Since my source build
> works fine, I abandoned that idea ;)

Fair decision. But I bet you also had to install a bunch of packages to
get the compiled version working ;-)

>> There can be missing package dependencies but nothing that cannot be
>> solved by getting the required packages from the usual Debian
>> repositories.
>
> ... eventually.

Well, you can have a sligthly idea of the needed packages by looking at
the requirements for the wheezy's built binary file:

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/mysql-workbench

It's rather a long list :-)

Greetings,

--