Re: W: best way to clone server data using rsync

On 5/1/12 2:08 PM, Tuxoholic wrote:
[snip]
> - will it resume files properly?
> - will it run some sort of check sum to verify file integrity, or will I have
> to run myself an integrity check like md5sum afterwards?

Yes it will resume and it will verify file integrity.  Using the archive
option like you've chosen below, it will make sure that the target is
like the source.

[snip]
> Is it safe to hit ctr+c to cancel the job, or is a SIGHUP to the rsync task
> the recommended/necessary way?

It's safe to cancel, rsync will pick up what it has missed when it
starts again.

Regards,
/Lars