Re: [OT] Mails coming from "joe1assistly@gmail.com"

In linux.debian.user, you wrote:
> On Mon 30 Apr 2012 at 13:15:02 -0500, Indulekha wrote:
>
> [Snip]
>
>> Also, not so long ago someone emailed me to complain that I
>> was breaking threads. Am I? It looks just fine to me on usenet...
>
> You've broken every thread and sub-thread I've seen you take part in.
> This is not a complaint - but you did ask. :)
>
> How avoidable it is I do not know, so I am unable to help you.

It's either something to do with the References header the mail2news
gateway software makes being incompatible with the mailing list's
headers, or it's that certain MUAs drop the ball on threading
under some circumstances. But it does look just fine to me on
usenet, so it must be either addressable or perhaps an MUA-related
issue some folks have. Being way out in the middle of nowhere on a
s-l-o-w dialup connection means I'm not willing to receive all that
mail from the list, sorry.

--
 Indulekha