Re: [OT] Mails coming from "joe1assistly@gmail.com"

Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon 30 Apr 2012 at 12:06:40 -0500, Indulekha wrote:
>
>> I keep waiting for Ubuntu to get hit with malware, surprising it
>> hasn't happened yet (though it almost certainly will).
>
> Do you have anything specific in mind or is this just a feeling you
> have in your waters?

Naw, I just feel the vibration in the aether, LOL. :)

No actually -- it's because they're following a path
(not unlike Apple) of starting with a secure, unix-like
system and then "dumbing it down" for non-technically-inclined
users. This always seems to create vulnerabilities, sooner or
later...

And also because they're becoming a fairly large target.
Mind you, I don't *like* the idea of malware for Ubuntu one bit
-- I have converted a number of non-techie friends and family to
using Ubuntu and Mint. When it does happen it may not be so bad,
because they do have a good autoupdate system.

--
 Indulekha