Re: install iwlwifi driver in debian 6

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:11:53 +0330, hamed hosseini wrote:

> hi

Hi, but please, avoid sending html formatted posts, thanks.

> i want install iwlwifi driver in debian 6.0.4, what i am must to do?
>
> i have
>
> PCI: 8086:0085 Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205
>
> but Squeeze dont support this pci and i want install this driver from
> here
>
> http://intellinuxwireless.org/?n=Downloads
>
> *6005 Images – for Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 *
> iwlwifi-6000g2a-ucode-17.168.5.3.tgz<http://intellinuxwireless.org/iwlwifi/downloads/iwlwifi-6000g2a-ucode-17.168.5.3.tgz>

Mmm, that's not a driver but microcode.

> how can install this driver is debian 6?

There's a README file next to the download link [L]:

http://intellinuxwireless.org/tar.php?p=iwlwifi&f=README.iwlwifi-6000g2b-ucode&a=iwlwifi-6000g2b-ucode-18.168.6.1.tgz

But I'm not sure that just by installing the microcode this is going to work
because of your kernel version (your device seems to be supported since kernel
2.6.35 while Squeeze has 2.6.32).

> note  : debian Wheezy support this pci
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi

Then you can try with a backported kernel.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón