Re: Anyway of keeping gnome2 while upgrading from Squeeze to Wheezy

James Allsopp <jamesaallsopp@googlemail.com> writes:
> I want to update from Squeeze to Wheezy but want to avoid Gnome 3 at
> all costs, is there a way of doing this successfully?

Hmm, can't you just run it in "compability" mode or whatever it's
called...?  [if you want to avoid gnome-shell... I don't see much
obvious difference between gnome 2 and gnome 3 otherwise]

My impression was that you could somehow force that from the login
screen (but I've never tried so I dunno).

-miles

--
Infancy, n. The period of our lives when, according to Wordsworth, 'Heaven
lies about us.' The world begins lying about us pretty soon afterward.