Re: What kind of digital video camera

Augustin wrote:
Hello,

  I am about to purchase my very first digital video camera. I have never bought
this kind of hardware before, and as a KDE user, I'd like to enquire what the
linux community would recommend. I want a low-to-mid range camera (up to $500,
more only if specific features are worth the price difference).

  What specs should I pay attention to?
  Storage?
  Generally speaking, how is the linux support for digital video camera?
  What about kdenlive support?

  Thanks,

  Augustin.

I have a JVC video camera that uses sdhc cards & a Lumix bridge camera that also uses sdhc cards. Both are from the lower to mid price range & will do more than I need from them. Both have a large zoom range, & can go in for close ups.

First make a note of what you want, then make a note of cameras that offer that, then go & look/try the cameras.

--
Sent from Free Open Source Software
Debian GNU/Linux