Re: encrypting an external HDD filesystem and GNOME3 support

HI Jon,

I've been using truecrypt (available for windows, mac and linux) for a
while without problems. It works as a file inside a partiiton on any
available system (lvm or not) and can be installed even using fat or
other basic filesystems.

The solutions uses a graphical interface, and can be scripted if you
are a more adventurous guy.

It appears as a disk in nautilus too.

You have other solutions, like block encription using the kernel, but
I've not been using that for a few years, so I prefer to let other
users more experienced or with fresh memory explain this other
solution.

Best regards.