Re: Is 1600x1200 screen better than 1440x900?

On 24 April 2012 10:39, Sian Mountbatten <poenikatu@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
> When I replaced my desktop with a new computer, I kept my TFT screen. It has
> the non-standard size of 1440x900.
>
> Recently, I have been wondering if it would be better for me to have
> 1600x1200 screen. Would this be better for Linux software? What about HD TV?
> And movies?

I consider anything below 1600x1200 as utterly unusable.
Unfortunately, most monitors nowadays are built with the idea that
people use them only to watch movies. So the next best thing is
1920x1200; that should get you the best of both worlds. Samsung, e.g.,
has some *very* nice monitors at that resolution.