Re: about DSA-2452-1 apache2 -- insecure default configuration

On 2012-04-20 14:37:11 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> >> Sure, but in such case the user (who is in charge of the "alias" for
> >> their domains) will have to manually make the required corrections and
> >> the same goes for the vhosts.
> >
> > Except that if the user doesn't do this, the same security problem will
> > occur.
>
> The user is the admin of his/her site and so the ultimate resposible for
> his/her site security.

What do you mean by site security? AFAIK, the problem is a *host*
security problem.

> >> There are times when a global solution can't be applied and this seems
> >> to be one of that situations.
> >
> > There is a better solution: to fix mod_php and mod_rivet.
>
> What's the fix you propose? I mean, what's what you think is wrong in
> these two packages? Fixing the sample scripts? Are these scripts poorly
> written and exposing flaws?

Your last questions make no sense. The sample scripts are *not* in
these two packages, but under /usr/share/doc! So, there is nothing
to fix in the sample scripts themselves. The fix should be in the
two packages, which shouldn't execute scripts stored in a random
directory, i.e. the scripts in /usr/share/doc should just be seen
as text files. This should be a bit like CGI's: they are executed
only if the ExecCGI option has been set on the directory.