Re: siduction distribution - KDE4 desktop - Default browser problem - SOLVED

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 20:20:25 +0100, Sian Mountbatten wrote:

> On 20/04/12 17:50, Camaleón wrote:

>>> I found that I could tell icedove to Use firefox for http and https
>>> links and that solved the problem.
>>
>> But what happens when you open a link from an application other than
>> Icedove?>;-P
>
> The only applications I use which have links are firefox, which is, of
> course, a browser, and icedove which is an email/news client (reader).
> The other applications I use don't usually have links. Sometimes the
> Help->About window has a link which, if clicked, runs firefox. I've
> noticed that before and wondered whether that's a standard KDE function.

Links are also displayed in console terminals and many other GUI based
apps (like IM, SIP, RSS...). In addition, you can find yourself in a
situation where you have to open plain "*.html" files located in your
desktop and not just links.

Anyway, if the "About" window link of KDE apps opens Firefox is because
Firefox is set as the default browser for your DE.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón