Re: which is the best webserver

Celejar wrote:

Please do not use HTML.

It depends on user. I have always used Apache, but some people say that
Nginx is better. I don't have any usage experience with it. I also know
one person who says that he is using combination of them both, but I am
not sure how it happens.
And check out lighttpd.

As someone else wrote, it depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

You can't beat Apache for the number of add-on modules that do useful stuff.

For serious performance under high transaction loads, you might look at some of the Erlang-based servers, like Yaws.

Also for high performance under load, and lots of bells and whistles, people tend to forget aolserver, and OpenACS which is built on top of it.

Miles Fidelman