Re: possible screw-up installing HP printer

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 19:32:45 -0400, John Lindsay wrote:

> I just installed an HP Laserjet P1102w. I have the Hp status icon
> showing in the upper RH side of my toolbar. The printer icon shows up
> whenever I print something BUT I have the following folders and files
> residing in my Downloads folder and I want to know if I can just delete
> them or did I really screw up the installation of this printer by
> causing it to be installed in my Downloads folder?
>
> Some of the folder names are
> 'base','copier','data','fax','hplip-3.12.2', which shows a locked file
> and root only viewing, And even more files like align.py, cups_drv.inc,
> hp-hp.io, hpijs etc and a lot of libapdk_la files. Its only 65meg of
> files and folders but it is very messy and I would like to clean it up.

How did you install the printer? Those files seem to come from the untar-
ed hplip package :-?

Just a quick note: unless you need the "hplip" package for some specific
reason your printer can be configured from CUPS web interface (http://
localhost:631) using "foo2zjs" drivers, meaning that you don't need hplip
at all.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón