Re: RAID5 failure; possible to repair?

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:03:04 +0200, Daniel Koch wrote:

>    - Zero all the superblocks on all the disks. (mdadm --zero-superblock
>    /dev/sd{b..d})
>    - Recreate the array with the "--assume-clean" option. (mdadm
>    --create --verbose /dev/md0 --auto=yes --assume-clean --level=5
>    --raid-devices=3 /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd)
>    - Mark it possibly dirty with: "mdadm --assemble /dev/md0
>    --update=resync"
>    - Let it resync
>    - Mount it and see if it is restored

Thanks alot for your answer, Daniel.
I had four devices in the raid /dev/sd{b..e}1. So I did the this:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=8BJXMqTV

I fear when I ran fsck yesterday it deleted the raid or the filesystem.
It told me that it had some errors and will continue with three devices.
Still in the progress it told me it will continue with two, then with one
and in the end with zero. Then I ended up with the raid I mentioned in my
first post with no discs but four spares.

fdisk tells me that md0 doesn't contain a valid partition table.
Can I try to repair the table?

Best regards
Ramon