Mythtv problem with versions

I have a server running Squeeze. It has mythtv-backend to record all my TV programs.

On my desktop I run Sid. After an update over the weekend, my Mythtv Frontend will no longer connect to my backend, complaining that

"This version of MythTV requires an updated database. (schema is 35 versions behind)

Please run mythtv-setup or mythbackend to update your database".

I suspect that I need to somehow update the backend. But with that being Squeeze, that could be rather difficult.

Anyone got any suggestions of how to deal wth this.

[Mythweb will stream the TV. and that almost works, but I do tend to want to save programs mid way through or want to rapidly skip forward and backward. The media play that is launched by the browser doesn't seem to all any of this.]

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk