Re: How do you debug with php

On 17/04/12 01:16, Chris Hiestand wrote:
I have never used a debugger for PHP; I think your struggles are part of the reason why.
Neither have I until now.

But I don't understand why this isn't a typical many eyes make the problems trivial, and that there isn't a great raft of solutions out there that just work.

I am particular puzzled with Eclipse. The PDT project has been going for a long while now and yet there is question after question on the forum as to why xdebug fails to catch their breakpoints. I have it set to break on the first line of the file I am debugging, yet it still doesn't seem to work. This leaves me to believe that I am doing something wrong, but I just don't know what.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk