Re: Hauppauge Nova-T USB stick -- now what?

Sian Mountbatten <poenikatu@fastmail.co.uk>  wrote:
> On 16/04/12 14:20, Indulekha wrote:
>> on the first try:
>>
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick
> Yes, I've read that web page, but it does not help me.
> I've tried Kaffeine and VLC, but neither of them produces any TV input.
> Kaffeine does have the option for digital TV, but I have not been able
> to get any TV data.
>
> xbmc does not have any TV input: it does not recognise the Nova-T as
> input. Futhermore, I do not understand MythTV setup. I have not been
> able to install the mythtv MySQL initial file because I'm denied access
> to the MySQL database.
>
> This is all very confusing. In the first instance, I'd simply like to
> watch TV on my Linux PC without sophisticated DVR functions. Can anybody
> help me?

I've heard people say good things about tvtime, which
you can install from the debian repos...
Sorry I'm not more knowledgeable on this issue.
In fact, somewhere around here I have a tv tuner usb
stick (forget which one, but it might be the same one)
which I never really tried to get working. I hooked it up
with winXP for testing purposes once, and quickly realized there's
really nothing on I want to watch, so it just sits here somewhere....
Probably I should give it to someone who will use it. :)

--
 Indulekha

--
 Indulekha