Re: How to restrict normal ssh user to become root ?

On Fri 13 Apr 2012 at 10:45:18 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:

> Many many thanks. Based on your clue I get this link
>
> http://mindref.blogspot.in/2010/04/protect-su-with-pamwheel.html
>
> This is exactly what I have been looking for long.

Your users A and B are given the root password. Users X and Y are not
so they can only acquire it through A or B. If A is slack in looking
after the root password there is no reason to believe she would be any
more careful in guarding the password for her own account. X can now
add himself to the wheel group,

Y is actually well ahead of you. She knew about pam_wheel and has set
it up to su without a password. She has also devised a way of hiding
what she has done from you.