Re: how to burn iso image over 4.7GB

On 04/12/2012 11:21 AM, Indulekha wrote:
In linux.debian.user, I wrote:
Check man cdrecord.
Ooops, it appears I've been living in the past (or confusing
another distro w/ debian) this morning.
Apparently burn is the CLI tool nowadays. :)

I guess it depends on the distro. In pclos, man cdrecord brings up a man page for wodim, and burn brings up command not found. It would be nice if Linux conformed to the standard bash commands that one can look up in a book, like "Linux in a Nutshell," which is my standard reference manual. When new programs are developed, there should be some means of getting them distributed to all distros, and there should be some central database with an index that one could use to look them up--like an appendix to "Nutshell."

--doug