Re: how to burn iso image over 4.7GB

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 06:57:22AM -0700, Go Linux wrote:
> I've done that MANY times with DVDShrink - http://www.dvdshrink.org/.  You'll
> need to run it in Wine though . . .

That assumes that the source ISO is a DVD Video (it might not be), and it
should be mentioned that dvd shrink throws information away (lossy
transformation) to make the movie fit on a single-sided disc.  OTOH you can
rarely tell that information has been thrown away, sometimes it might matter,
sometimes it might not.

(DVD Shrink is one of a series of Windows programs that impress me with their
"do one thing well" approach, and I've never found a Linux app to match it.
Similarly, whereas grip has now left the Debian archive and sound-juicer
continues to break in interesting ways, most recently with multi-disc rips,
"cdex" on Windows *still* just works.)