Re: Specify "mail from:" in postfix + relayhost

On Jo, 12 apr 12, 11:37:46, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>   I've just finish setting up a postfix + relayhost conf thanks to :
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Postfix#Installing_and_Configuring_Postfix_on_Debian
>
>   This works great. However using the `mail` command line interface I
> can only send email from my main gmail adress. I did a small test
> using `telnet localhost 25`, I can then specify any of my
> pre-configured gmail adress (eg @free.fr).
>  However using telnet is pretty tedious. Does anyone knows what is the
> command line option to specify the 'mail from:' information ?

From a (very) quick reading of 'man mail' it appears that at least
bsd-mailx does not support this, but I didn't check the other
implementations[1].

What are you trying to achieve? If you want to send mail from scripts
maybe you should use postfix' version of /usr/sbin/sendmail. If you need
a more capable command-line mailer mutt is a very good choice.

[1] 'apt-cache search mailx' finds bsd-mailx, heirloom-mailx and
mailutils

Kind regards,
Andrei