Re: learning automake, etc. and being minimalistic

songbird writes:

>   in the years of tinkering on linux i've never
> really dug into a lot of things, much preferring
> to hope packages work out of the box and if
> they don't give up and go find something else
> to do (there's always something else to do :) ).

[...]

>   ok, i've used a small tutorial that is part of an
> online book at:
>
>   http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook.html#SEC_Top

I might get back to you with a solution to your problem, but in the
meantime I would warn you about using that outdated manual for learning
autotools. I would recommend you to take a look at the following
resources in the future:

Autotools tutorial by Alexandre Duret-Lutz:

http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~adl/autotools.html

Another reference by Diego Elio “Flameeyes” Pettenò:

http://www.flameeyes.eu/autotools-mythbuster/

The first articles of John Calcote which later got published in a book
by OReilly:

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/books/autotools_a_guide_to_autoconf_automake_libtool

Now that I think about it, you will get faster and better answers in the
automake mailing list.

Regards,

--
Alberto