Re: help about wine

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:57:52 -0400, Yaritza Gomez Villa wrote:

(please, not html formatted posts, thanks :-) )

>  I'm having problem installing  Office 2007 under Wine on Debian (64
>  bits) when I click the install button I get an endless list of errors
>  in the terminal,
> 7-Zip 9.04 beta  Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov  2009-05-30 p7zip
> Version 9.04 (locale=en_US.UTF-8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,2 CPUs)
>
> Error:
> Incorrect command line

The error message is too short to see what the underlying problem is.
Anyway, MS Office 2007 package can be very problematic to install even on
bare, up-to-date Windows systems so in Wine is has to be a real pain.

In addition, you're on a 64-bits host which can also harden the
installation so, all in all, have you considered in using a virtual
machine instead? If you have enough resources (~2 GiB of RAM and an
modern CPU) VirtualBox could be a good candidate because is almost config
trouble-less.

> How do I fix this problem?

I now that sometimes MS Office is a requirement but as another user has
pointed out, have you considered LibreOffice instead?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón