Re: Unstable: Gimp requires dbus and gconf2 now? fail.

On 10/04/12 10:58, Dirk wrote:
> dbus and gconf2 are just as shit and will be replaced too.

Last I heard dbus was going strong - even looking at offloading work to
the kernel (harnessing existing kernel messaging systems e.g. netlink)
to improve performance.

I grudgingly use GIMP but wish I didn't have to.  Dependencies on DBUS
and gconf2 are the least of its problems (if you consider those problems
at all).  "MyPaint", which has been packaged, looks like a possibly
replacement.