Re: Live Squeeze system: ConsoleKit does not see serial console as active, cannot mount with udisk

On 5 April 2012 21:08, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:
> Re "pkexec true": Is your user a member of the sudo group? sudo group
> members can use pkexec via
> "/etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d/51-debian-sudo.conf". If you
> don't want that user in the sudo group, you can create a conf file in
> "/etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d" to allow it to use pkexec.

I've added the live user to the sudo group, but it didn't make a
difference (I confirmed that 51-debian-sudo.conf is there, too).

> Re "/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.udisks.policy": (It's
> better to create a pkla file in
> "/etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d" than edit a
> "/usr/share/polkit-1/" file) Does pkaction display the changed values
> for "org.freedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount"?

I was not aware of the pkaction command, that's quite useful! Anyway,
pkaction does list org.freedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount, but I
still get the "Not authorized" error when trying to mount the
filesystem via the serial line.

— Jason