Re: Aptitude update - http://dl.google.com?

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 00:08:49 +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:

> On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 16:15:02 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 17:25:30 +0200, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>> (...)
>>
>>> Must I worry about of those lines: 'dl.google.com'?
>>
>> Dude, you accepted their terms ;-)
>>
>> ***
>> https://tools.google.com/chrome/eula.html?hl=en
>>
>> Note: Installing Google Chrome will add the Google repository so your
>> system will automatically keep Google Chrome up to date. If you don't
>> want Google's repository, do "sudo touch /etc/default/google-chrome"
>> before installing the package.
>
> indeed. Why people choose to install Google Chrome is a mystery to me. I
> would not touch it with a barge pole.

:-)

There was once in a time when I had it installed on my VM for testing how
websites were rendered with it (I also had Opera for the same reason) but
I never used it, I find Chrome... I don't how to say, too simplistic? Or
maybe too alienated to my needs. It was finally removed.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón