Re: [OT] Posting styles (was: printer Kyocera FSC-5100DN)

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 06:48:23 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 08, 2012 at 02:18:48PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> > So what's it called when you plonk everything at the bottom, oops
>> > sorry, at the very end? End posting?
>>
>> That's also "bottom posting". No need to reinvent the wheel all the
>> time.
>
> But you said above, and I quote:

(...)

Tip: when someone knows how to use quoting, there's no need to refer to
his/her writings as "and you said this or that...".

Now trimming a bunch of meaningless stuff ("You said... I said...").

>> That's *your* own interpretation of a well-defined well-known concept
>> and
>
> Mine? If you look again at the Wikipedia article, it clearly says right
> at the top:

(...)

I've already read the Wikipedia article, thanks.

> THREE different posting styles 1) interleaved 2) bottom 3) top
>
> just like I said!

Maybe you gave it a glance to the article but you've failed to interpret
it in whole. Once you read and understand the references article, you'll
find out that interleave and bottom posting styles *are the same* in
esence.

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting
>
>> In the "bottom-posting" style, the reply is appended to a full or
>> partial copy of the original message. The name bottom-posting is
>> sometimes used for inline-style replies, and indeed the two formats are
>> the same when only one point is being replied to.
>> ***
>
> That's all you could find?
>
> Look up 'appended' in your English dictionary.
>
> Obviously, if only one point is being replied to, then arguing over
> whether it is inline or bottom style is ridiculous.

Well, to be sincere, what I find ridiculous is having to discuss
something that is widely known. If you do see a difference between the
two styles, go ahead and live with that. To me (and everybody else), both
are almost the same.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón